Search Murray's blogs

Friday 8 May 2009

161 days are long enough

Parish walk entries opened on 1 December and I set up the website to coincide with that date.

Since then I have been writing a separate blog to this one highlighting entries as they come in - in the hope that by publicising this people won't leave it to the last moment. I can't say I have been entirely successful as everyone seems to have left their entries late yet again.

Several times a week (several times a day recently) I have been visiting the SportIdent site to check the latest entries, pasting them into a spreadsheet, using a lookup table to compare them with the previous list and then pasting the differences to the blog.

There were even eight entries whilst I was away from my computer overnight last night.

After more than five months I shall be glad to get away from that exercise.

As I write (6.40 am) there are just over 29 hours left to enter for the Parish Walk. If you know anyone who intends to enter, do check that they have done so as when the organisers say that entries have closed they mean it.

Everyone has had 161 entries to enter.

No comments: