Search Murray's blogs

Friday 30 January 2009

Scanning is so boring but it pays dividends

Successful athletes put in hours of work that nobody ever sees.

Successful events are organised by people who put in hours of work behind the scenes that nobody ever sees (make their lives easier by getting your entries in or offering to help).

In my case I sometimes spend hours scanning photos or old paperwork in an atttempt to get rid of the things I have horded for years. Tonight I spent most of the evening scanning old documents and had I known when I started how long it would have taken I could not have faced it.

But the benefits were there to be taken tonight. I knew I had an old photo of Graham Davies which I think might have been supplied by Steve Partington (if anyone else deserves the credit let me know). But while looking through the "unsorted oldies" files I found loads of photos that I had forgotten were in my possession which I will bring to the surface from time to time.

Talking of time, it is now 18 hours and 30 minutes since I started my day - 17 hours and 30 minutes ago since I finished by training. I shouldn't be here now but just one more tale to conclude. Even when I found the file of Graham I had to think hard why it was named "VI" - then I remembered that someone had labelled him as the village idiot in that photo! Sorry Graham! Graham has played an enormous part in giving us the sort of big days that we are all looking forward to one Sunday. Cheers Graham. Village hero?

No comments: