Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 3 January 2009

1994 Commowealth Games walks


Three of the women who featured in the latest YouTube film - Cal Partington, Karen Smith and Lisa Langford (as they were then).
I was delighted to finally get around to editing the film of the 1994 Commonwealth Games women's 10km walk.

Its 50 weeks ago since I produced three videos from the same source of the men's 30km and intended to deal with the women's events a few weeks later. It got lost in my list of half finished jobs until I stumbled upon the film last night.

I'm sorry about the poor quality of the film. This is due to the conversion of the film through several different formats. I certainly had some frustrations last night with the production - not least after I went to bed leaving it uploading only to find this morning that one of the original soundtracks was not permitted.

On New Year's Eve I spent more than 2 hours trying to get the remainder of David Griffiths's film from the 2007 Island Games into a format that I could use and decided to admit defeat. But with another job off the list I'm now going to revert to the latter project over the weekend.

No comments: