Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 15 January 2009

Delays with videos

David Griffiths provided me with some good video from the Lancs Cross Country but as I did not get from my holiday until Tuesday evening I didn't expect to get them all cleaned up and published before the end of the week.

I got off to a good start, however, with the first production on Tuesday evening. In the early days of video editing I used to have problems converting various file formats and usually had to "play" them from a DVD recorder onto my PC to get the file. This time I was able to lift the files very cleanly by copying and pasting.

I created an film of almost 10 minutes last night using David's camera work and set it to music but it failed to upload as planned overnight. I started again this morning but I encountered a copyright issue with one of the background tracks - I wrote recently about how Warner Music had ended their licensing agreement with YouTube. The problem was that I wasn't sure which of the three tracks was offending. I had used Elvis Costello's "Watch Your Step", Simon Nicol's "Lancashire Hills" and part of Status Quo's "Ice in the Sun". I think it is the first track that is causing the problem so I will re-do it tonight.

As usual I have lots of things to put on the website or write about here but never enough time.

No comments: