Search Murray's blogs

Monday 6 October 2008

Update on Western 10

I've just refreshed the coverage of the Western 10 with pictures of Hetty Bostock, Peter Kaneen and Alan Pilling who all achieved noteworthy performances.

Whilst checking the stats for Alan (his 24th finish in the Western AC) I noticed that Nigel Armstrong has extracted a remarkably consistent streak to collect his third plaque. I'll fill you in - he retained his title with a time of 59.43 to add to 59.33 last year and 59.53 the year before that.

In doing so he avoided (by 12 seconds) having the slowest ever winning time. My 2005 time takes that booby prize along with my slowest winning time in the Syd Quirk and the oldest winner of the marathon!

Going back to Nigel, I'm not sure if it was reported (I can't remember if I did) but he ran his slowest ever marathon recently. It took him over 5 hours in France - but he was drinking red wine instead of water at the feeding stations!

No comments: