Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 8 October 2008

Syd Quirk Half Marathon entries to close...

...in 23 days.

I've just added a small feature on this classic half marathon (it also includes a walk over the same distance).

There will be absolutely NO late entries so get your form in now. Go to:

http://www.iomvac.co.uk/

I've produced the results for the past few years for this event and I can tell you having a close off for entries will make a massive difference to the logistics. The time after the race can be used merely inputting times against names (rather than typing in the names) and the certificates can be written in advance. It will make the whole show a lot punchier. Thanks to Marie Jackson.

One of the things I like about entries in advance is that there is (near) certainty about who is taking part and a good race preview confirming the entry and speculating on the result makes the event a lot more enjoyable for everyone.

I'm still working on those emails....

No comments: