Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 11 October 2008

Double trouble

Tomorrow is going to be one of those days when it will be impossible to do justice to every athletic performance.

Tomorrow morning is the Welbeck Hotel and Restaurant One Hour Challenge and I hope to bring you both video and photos of the new found stars.

There won't be much editing and publishing time, however, before I pack up my spikes for the cross country at Nobles Park. I've just published a photo from last year's championships showing the mud that we can expect tomorrow and also the two main protagonists in the men's league, John Halligan and Kevin Loundes.

So I shall be relying on links to other sites and photos from other people if I am going to cover the cross country. I shall take my cameras in my bag just in case things don't work out for me though. Last year I ended up merely jogging around after being troubled by what turned out to be exercise induced asthma. After missing the rest of the cross country season for the first time since 1990 and having a rubbish London Marathon, I embarked on a conditioning phase of early morning training after which I set my sights on breaking 2.40 in the Amsterdam Marathon next weekend - 25 years after "retiring". That plan ended in tears but I hope to run tomorrow although I had a frightening thought yesterday - I haven't run further than 2.5 miles for five weeks! I hope that I have no time for my camera tomorrow.

Time for the footie.

No comments: