Search Murray's blogs

Monday 13 October 2008

Second Wind

Only just getting my second wind as far as the website is concerned.

As predicted, it was all go from 10 yesterday morning.

There were perfect conditions for the Welbeck Hotel and Restaurant One Hour Challenge Walk. I left as soon as the final gun was fired and had the photos online by noon.

The editing of the video takes a bit longer and this was still uploading as I maintained my new stretching regime before departing for the cross country.

Sorry that I couldn't get any pictures from the Manx Gas Cross Country Challenge online last night but I did a bit of tinkering with the layout and, like everyone else, waited for the results. Thanks very much to David Griffiths (and all the timekeepers and helpers) for these. Even though other websites are getting better, it is still only a minority of events that have same day results even when electronic timing is used (which we weren't using yesterday).

The website is my hobby and (although I frequently fail) I try not to be a slave to it but prefer to try and surprise people a little with the content with old photos or stories or particular interest. The main place for reporting events has to be the websites of the promoting clubs.

So it was nice to receive an email from Andy Duncan this morning. It gave me a chance to run a story about the Commonwealth Youth Games and to again highlight the coverage on the http://www.manxharriers.com/ site.

Thanks to Paul Sheard and Matthew Haddock for the photos from the cross country today. I have some more from each source but, as I already have more than normal on the front page I'll save them for another day.

I want to leave enough space for a special picture tomorrow. Its not often that we celebrate three score and ten.

Its taken me more than an hour and half this evening to get everything structured and published so there will be fewer changes tomorrow night as I have other things to do.

No comments: