Search Murray's blogs

Monday 28 October 2013

Too many nights out

We haven't been out socially since Thursday evening and it is just as well. Apart from the almost constant desire to sleep the extra social activity, 10 nights out 30, has caused it has left my newspaper pile pre-dating many an international crisis that his since been solved.

There was no cottage cleaning on Saturday although I did fill the car with yet more leaves and greeted the incoming guests at 9 am to the property I had cleaned the previous week. I then had a chance to take to take Robbie to Ramsey for his favourite run, the Park Run course, for the first time for several months.


Time was starting to slip by the time I made it home though and I dashed back into the house to tidy up the website and plan where the photos and video of the hill race would sit. I only arrived at the venue with ten minutes to spare and an hour or so after the commencement of the race I was back uplifting photos and editing the video.

Sleep finally won its battle late on Saturday afternoon but it lost again early on Sunday when I managed to extend my morning run from 9 to 12 miles for the first time since before the Parish Walk. Slightly longer than 12 miles if you allow for being blown to the other side of the road on the Marine Drive.

I couldn't face more video on Sunday at the walking league but I was fairly happy with the selection of 300 photos I managed with both hands at my disposal for a change. I had a bit of time to get some of the papers ready for recyling yesterday and took advantage of the extra light this morning to run through Summerhill Glen for one of the last times this year. I was almost late for work after working on the feature on Kevin Deakes in between my other early morning activities.

I've been trying to keep away from the site tonight as I have been busy with a "once in a lifetime" project involving scanners, some athletes but no athletics. Just tried to loosen the aches caused by too much time in front of a computer a walk with the dog.

No comments: