Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 16 October 2013

I could blame Facebook

I finally joined the club a week or more ago and started using Facebook outside of the Parish Walk. And its everything I expected it to be - a wonderfully easy way to share information but a very easy way to loose time. Why do we feel its so important to respond to comments so quickly - especially when we are commenting on a photo from 100 years ago?

Although I committed a fair amount of time to the website at the weekend, particularly editing the video of the Isle of Man Bank Junior Fell Running Championships, I was also out on both Saturday and Sunday evening and had lots of things to do with the family so my computer and desk are a bit out of control at the moment.


It was particularly good to meet Andy Fairweather Low after his show at Peel on Sunday evening. And although I wasn't Wide Eyed and Legless that night I had never felt older than when I went for my run the next morning - for it was my 57th birthday.

I've had far too much to eat and drink in recent weeks a trend I continued last night. I was stuffing myself with  goodies as we listened to virtually all of the debate about the role of the Minister for Health on the kitchen radio. I wonder how many people who post derogatory comments on forum actually listen to all points of views like that?

So who do I blame for not updating the website yesterday, apart from the photo of Gail Griffiths? The politicians of course. Isn't everything their fault? I blame them for giving us one of the best economies in the world. We certainly can't blame for Facebook for that.

No comments: