Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 17 October 2013

I'd like to blame Facebook again

After a call from Parish Walk publisher Deermot O'Toole delayed me for half an hour this evening I made it, via Robbie's place, soon after the start of the Veteran club's autumn 10km run tonight (but missed the 5km walk).

I had some early problems with my camera and flash but then most of the photos came out quite well given the darkness. that was, until I photographed the top three, Bryan Masterson, Moira Hall and Keith Green. These photos were over exposed so I took one without the flash that looked ok. But it wasn't on the SD card when I got home. I even loaded some software to recover deleted files. It found 1500 or so others but not the one I wanted.

I soon had the other photos uploaded, a little feature on the website and a couple of photos on Facebook. That was all finished a couple of hours ago but I'm still here going against everything I said all today as I fought sleep that I would get some some at a reasonable hour tonight..

Every year I produce three "products" for Christmas using my own photos and I always order them from Photobox at about this time when they have special offers. Two hours last night choosing photos for my mother-in-law's family calendar and another with Manx views, and the same time tonight with the Christmas card. I always get a few things wrong before I finish the jobs..

But I might have been a bit quicker had I not dipped into Facebook a few times.

Here is the March page from the calender.


No comments: