Search Murray's blogs

Friday 25 October 2013

Some predictions


I didn't need a weather forecaster to predict that I was going to get very wet when I went for my run this morning. But I was still grateful for those drivers, along the road between Braddan Bridge and Quarter Bridge, who didn't drive in the gutter and add to my soaking. As to those that did, I predict that they will be sort of people who will be complaining all day about the weather but walk no further than the distance where they park they four wheel drive in the underground car park and take the lift to their office.

And, rather sadly, I predict that somebody is going to be killed on the pedestrian crossing on Woodbourne Road near to Hilary Road. Over the years I have seen dozens of drivers go over it when people are using it correctly and last night was one of those times when somebody did it to us. 

We were on our way to the Gaiety Theatre for the show, featuring some of the classic acts from the young farmers concerts, in aid of the Isle of Man Agricultural Benevolent Fund. And they had their own weather forecaster in the form of Paul Watterson (below) standing in for Colin Gartshore!


I predicted whilst I was running that Marie would not be keen to take her dog out this morning. I was right and so I went out in the rain for a second run.

As soon as I fell in front of press photographer Mike Wade in the cross country last Sunday I predicted I would receive some teasing from sports editor John Watterson. It came when I met him last night and he said he would send me the photo.

I predict I will get him back if he runs through the mud at Cringle Reservoir tomorrow,

No comments: