Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Networking

I've been out for my normal morning run and the weather was no as bad as I was expecting. Maybe partly because I had shelter around Tromode Park.

The storm reached inside our house last night as I became more and more frustrated with our network. Out has gone the expensive router I bought a couple of years ago and back in has come the standard issue model. Bit by bit I got everything working but the difficulties were not helped by the fact that I had used fixed IP addresses on some devices and the range was different for the other router.

In the middle of it I messed up a holiday booking, used the wrong name for someone I was writing to and discovered that I had brought home the key for the courtesy car I had used from the Toyota Garage yesterday.

It was just as well that my voice was unplugged.

No comments: