Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Over 50s outing

Just checked the turnouts in recent years at what is now the Up & Running Ramsey Park Runs and the number of starters is definitely the best since 2009. The last couple of years have been pretty low so maybe having a couple of events on Tuesday has helped.

And there have been good turnouts of youngsters in their race around the Mooragh Park. My part of the race is, unfortunately, dominated  by the older athletes and young Shaun Moore would have been forgiven for thinking he had joined an old age pensioners day out. He started with three over 50s (Kevin Deakes, Andy Gosnell and myself) with Kevin Vondy 40 seconds ahead.

I managed to get the better of my group but Kevin V remained the same distance ahead or maybe slightly further ahead. And some of the people we passed in the handicap race were not so young either. At least those that came through to overtake us were the youthful Ollie Lockley and Andrew  Nash.

I drove past Ramsey Bakery on the way to the run last night. They are a long term sponsor of some of the Northern AC events and also of the IOMVAC's End to End Walk which I have featured on the front page this morning. Normally I enjoy home made bread for breakfast but we're supporting the sponsor this morning as our supply has run out.

No comments: