Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Before I got grumpy again


After three hectic nights of website dominated stuff, I made it a priority to go for a walk with Marie tonight. We went from Kewaigue past Middle Farm and the old cross country course to Quines Hill, Port Soderick just above where our holiday cottage is (and back).

It really is an underestimated country track so close to Douglas and at this time of the year is particularly scenic, with rolling hills, lambs, bluebells and trees in full bloom. And so close to Douglas.

My main target on the website was to publish the article about Gail Griffiths' wonderful run in Glasgow which I only learned about last night. Thanks to her husband David who provided me with all of the information I requested and the photographs. Well done Gail.

To make room for the above I had to move the Parish Walk analysis to a new page on parishwalk.com  and I found out that the numbers had changed again. In running the programme to find out the differences between the previous list of names and the new list I found that some of the entrants had added extra words between their forename and surname which is really unhelpful when you are compiling statistics with thousands of names. With tiredness kicking in I was glad when everything was back in place.

There are lots of others things that I would like to put on the website but I've had my fill for tonight.

No comments: