Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 29 May 2012

High 5s


Every 5 years or so I have thoughts about making a comeback in the Parish Walk. The thoughts usually last about 5 minutes.

I had one tonight when, tired of tripping over Marie's over excited dog, I decided to wear it out tonight. My target was 5 miles in the hour which I missed by about three minutes. It certainly did the trick with the dog which is fast asleep but it took away most of the energy I thought I had for the website tonight.

Just time for a light hearted bit of publicity for the 10,000 metres races next week. More about them another time.

It leaves me with the same emails that I have been trying to answer for weeks and with several unreturned calls to my sister Margaid. Instead I shall return to a photo of her in the Mooragh Park in the mid 60s. I remember that slide and similar ones at Kirk Michael and Glen Whyllin. They were great when they were well used and they developed a shine. On other days though you would go about two feet and get stuck on a greasy surface.

Look at the surface behind the slide where some of us were running last Friday.

I'll put off the thought of the Parish Walk for another 5 years and go back to the event website tomorrow. I'm expecting to receive some files from the organisers and that will take priority over the another 5 miles with the dog.

I'm getting up soon after 5 so that's it for tonight.

No comments: