Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 27 May 2012

Hoping that there is not too much one way traffic

I've just removed all the recent features on the website and re-published them on separate pages.

 So far we have only had one practice session for the TT but by the time of the next fixture there will only be one race remaining. Let's hope the weather remains good for the visitors but, more importantly, that accidents are kept to the minimum.

I travelled over the mountain section of the course on Friday evening on my return from the Park Runs in Ramsey. I wondered whether I had strayed onto closed roads by mistake because I got nearly half way before I saw a single vehicle. But when eventually a car and half a dozen bikes went past I would estimate their speed to be about 120 mph.

I've heard stories about people riding at 180 mph on this section of public road and it fills me with dread.

I love watching motor sport and I can understand all the attractions of the TT. But I just hope that as many visitors return home as arrive. The almost inevitability that people are going to loose their lives in the next two weeks, either in racing or on the roads,  churns my stomach - as did the sight of a Parish Walk trainer walking against the one way system on the mountain road on Friday.

No comments: