Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 26 May 2012

Off the results sheet


I've had some extra responsibilities this weekend as Marie is away for a few days staying with her friend in Southampton. Taking care of her dog is the main one.

Marie has been to the races at Goodwood today. It isn't the glorious Goodwood meeting  but I've taken Marie's  88 year old mother out for a drive and an ice cream in Castletown on another glorious Manx day. I was able to take Robbie out at the same time and later, whilst I did some gardening at the cottage in readiness for our TT visitors, Robbie sat and watched!

Robbie agreed that he would not compete in road events this year due to the concerns that race organisers had for his safety but he finds it hard to understand how he can do some events and not others and has declined to run in the Ramsey Park runs. He has now decided that he will not do the cross country league next winter which is a little sad.

In contrast to the daytime I have more freedom from family duties tonight but the time is  not being spent on the computer, other than this blog. I have been channel hopping between a meaningless friendly and 101 back passes from Scott Parker to watching a man that I used to detest as a singer going forward at the age of 76.

We used to give him a name that included segments rhyming with art and wit but I have learned to appreciate him and after a masterful performance tonight I hope to see him back at the top of  the results sheets.

Robbie has gone missing from the results sheets before and come back. I hope I don't have to wait until he is 76 because I won't be around!

No comments: