Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Old times

I was under the weather all of last week with a cold and constant headaches and only resumed training after a week off (that's nearly as many days as previously during a whole year) yesterday morning.

I decided I needed to have a work our before deciding whether to start in the 20 miles on Sunday. 40 laps of the NSC should not be tackled if you are in doubt about your health. So after nearly four years of training in the morning I made probably only my second appearance in that time in an evening session with my old mates Mike Garrett and Paul Curphey. The bad news is that I have passed myself fit and will be in the lineup for those 40 laps.

Mo Kelly informed me that there are 18 others so far so it looks like there will be a decent field after all - there had been some worries that the field would be depleted.

But I definitely won't be at the next race - the Ramsey Fireman's race. And neither will the English National Cross Country Champion. I am interviewing Keith Gerrard at the time the race will be on and you will be able to see the extended interview on video here tomorrow.

No comments: