Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 23 February 2012

Redundant backup

I was speaking to Robbie on the phone earlier - he thought there was a race for him  tomorrow night but I assured him there wasn't. "I'll just check when your race is on the manxathletics.com website I said." Imagine my horror when I realised that the fixture table from the front page had been deleted.

And there are so many backups I can keep - I haven't got all day to run these websites. One series of backups I started today was where I copy the content from the host site back onto my external hard disk. I decided to start from scratch but I archived the ones I had done just before setting up my new computer under "redundant backups" rather than deleting them. Thankfully that backup had the fixture table on the home page and all was not lost.

No comments: