Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 5 February 2012

Its all in the planning


We have enjoyed perfect weather in the Isle of Man this morning. So different to large parts of the UK and certainly eastern Europe and even southern Europe.

I popped down to take photos of the Up & Running Winter League Walks at the National Sports Centre this morning. The one above is of Chris Cale who, together with Lisa Motley, runs the local franchise in the name of the event sponsor.

Earlier I had been out on my regular 12 mile Sunday morning around the Marine Drive and it was as good as it gets. I can't remember the wind at all.

In between I was watching the news reports from around Europe over breakfast. A few degrees of frost and some snow in London and there were more than 300 flights cancelled. Meanwhile Munich Airport had 29 degrees of frost and was operating as normal.

If you plan properly things normally go smoothly. Grabbing my cameras at 9.50 when the event started at 10.00 did not constitute good planning. The battery in my video camera was flat. But it left me with an extra couple of hours to plan better things to do on this lovely Sunday than editing video!

No comments: