Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Picture this

Entries for the Manx Telecom Parish Walk were received in record numbers before the end of January by which date a £5 discount for Manx Telecom customers was available.

Since then, it has been a bit quiet but one of the interesting aspects has been the evenness between male and female entrants. In case you are are unaware, for seven months of the year I write a second blog about the Parish Walk, mainly about the statistics.

http://parishwalk2012.blogspot.com/

Meanwhile the commissioning of my new desktop computer continues. I had problems with the Picasa face tagging export and so I have started from scratch again in the hope that it will be running by tomorrow..

I'm also taking care that my off-site photo backups are working from the new location.

I don't have offsite backups for video files other than those that are published at YouTube of course.

It was five years ago today that I opened my Youtube account. YouTube had only been operating for 2 years at that time and only three months earlier had been acquired by Google. In those early days some of my films would appear on the front page of sorts for mountain biking and race walking and, indeed, at one time four of the top 10 listed fell running videos were mine.

The site has expanded exponentially since then  whilst my production (almost 400 including publishing some of David Griffiths') have flattened. I think the initial novelty of people seeing themselves on YouTube has worn off and it is still time consuming to do a half decent job of editing.

Buts its for those days when I do want to publish photos, videos and features online in haste that I spend so much time getting my resources organised.

No comments: