Search Murray's blogs

Monday 15 August 2011

Speed test

I've just done a speed test on our broadband connection and it is currently 13,275 kbps - a pretty good speed which is probably among the best in the British Isles. But when I tried to use it last night it was only about 1/100th of this speed and unusable which is one of the reasons I didn't update the site.

It seemed that some things did not want to work at their normal speed yesterday - including my body when it came to running. Another personal worst of 3.36.12. After passing half way in a conservative 1.29.25 I got slower and slower, like our broadband connection last night.

29 years ago last month I set my personal best time for 50km as a race walker. A quick calculation from the split times I kept from that race suggest I must have gone through the marathon distance at about the same time as I "ran" it yesterday!

No comments: