Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 3 August 2011

One thing leads to another

A few days ago I started trying to solve a mystery. There were some photos on my Parish walk blog which were not on my main albums. My conclusion, regrettably, was that I must have accidentally deleted some of the original files. I was constantly switching my memory cards around and basically I must have messed up.

But the ones on the blog can be downloaded. They are stored as an album in Picasa which like Blogger is owned by Google. To do so I had to install the desktop version of Picasa which I duly did and downloaded the Parish Walk files fairly quickly.

I have used Picasa before but it is so much better than when I last did. It started indexing the photos and invited me to add tags to the 173,000 faces it found on my photos. I couldn't resist.

All my spare time now is going on working on this new project. Its amazing how when you add a batch of photos to a person's album how quickly it offers more suggestions. Lots of tales to tell though of some of the lookalikes it has suggested.  

I only have 161,000 more to match! Thereafter it will be wonderful when I am looking for a photo to be able to search by name. One of my friends assumed that I already had such organisation. Quite where I was going to get the time from in the past I don't know.

No comments: