Search Murray's blogs

Monday 1 August 2011

A sorry tale

I really enjoyed my venture up North Barrule on Saturday afternoon although it was just as well that I had not run quite as far as I had hoped in the morning. 16 miles in my legs made the climb hard work. But what great weather.

And it was so good to see so many young runners at the front of the race. When was the last time that three under the age of 21 finished in the top four in an open race in the Isle of Man?

Although I am always a little cautious about my photo captions when I don't know the end result, I had assumed that Andrew Kaighin had held on to win. I described him as being "peerless" which was suggesting he was superior to the opposition but also a reference to the piers in the background.

So I got a shock when I saw the results later and saw that Olly Lockley had won. Sorry about that but well done to Olly.

Not that his mother was any the wiser. I had the pleasure of Margaret's company on the descent and she had no idea that her son had won. But she was on hand when I couldn't find the camera on the hill and also to pick me up when I fell with cameras going left, right and centre as the video shows. A sorry tale.

No comments: