Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 2 June 2010

It doesn't get much better than this

Was it really only yesterday that we had foul weather in the morning?

Was it only a few weeks weeks ago that there was sometimes a frost in the morning?

Was it only a few months ago that I was slipping and sliding on the ice and snow on my early morning runs?

I went out at 6 am this morning and it was absolutely beautiful - hardly a breath of wind. Even Chris Evans has just broadcast this fact on Radio 2 - from another Chris in the Isle of Man.

I ran twice around Douglas and it seemed that there were more runners joining the throng on each mile.

It was so nice that the lady who pushes her dog up and down the prom had taken it out and was sitting on the grass.

I'll want to look back on this sort of day next winter.

I was looking back last night when I published three photos from the 1972 TT Relay Walk. I wonder if anyone who was not involved in those days can pick out those in the photos.

Tonight I will be looking forward but in a nostalgic sort of way. That probably makes no sense so you will have to look at tonight's offering to work it out.

No comments: