Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 3 June 2010

Bradford walk

I tried to find a photo of Simon Cox at lunchtime today to go with the report that I wrote based upon Simon's own writing. I couldn't find one so I gave up after half an hour and went for a walk. I went through Ballasalla to see if the road was open (it was; there had been an accident in the morning) and decided to explore the footpath opposite the Whitestone Garage - another place on the Isle of Man I had never trodden on. and how peaceful it was considering it was so close to the village, an industrial estate and only half a mile from the few square feet where I have spent the last two and half years sitting in front of a computer. It came out at the end of the Ballthane Industrial Estate and by the time I got back I realised how warm it was in the office - in other words I had moved myself during the day.

I finally found a photo of Simon a few minutes ago and have published the article. By the way, Simon was amazed that I knew he was taking part.

When I was googling to see if I could find the full results I rediscovered a piece I had written about my own experiences at the Bradford Walk in 2004.

To be honest I had forgotten that I had written so much detail:


I also wrote about the event on my Parish Walk blog in 2008:


It was one event I would have loved to have done one more time, if only to stroll around. But its too late now. I just wish more people could have enjoyed the atmosphere, the heat, the smell of food and the hills, like I did.

No comments: