Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 22 June 2010

20 years later


I've spent the evening on Parish Walk stuff because it is the last evening I have free to let everyone who what I am doing for the site. I'm out for the next two nights.

I thought I would provoke a bit of discussion about the football by seeing if I could find a picture from Slovenia which we had two great holidays in 1988 and 1990 when it was still part of Yugoslavia.

Alas I could not find a photo from those years but I did find a connection. I thought 1988 was the only year that I had missed the Parish Walk (then I remembered 1977) but that was the year that brother Martin won. I remember phoning him from Slovenia (you see there is the link) to find out how he got on (it was rare to make long distance calls like that in those days) and he told me his time. "That would put you well up" I ventured. "What do you mean well up" he retorted as brothers do. "I won". Did he have the look of a Parish Walk winner 20 years earlier? Double click the photo to see what you think!


No comments: