Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Sad; happy, unlucky; lucky


I was relieved tonight when Robbie went to the back of the field just before the race started but he started incredibly slowly. I moved onto the 4km mark and he didn't appear. I drive back to Port Erin wondering if he had been told to go in the direction of the 5km course in error. My second relief came when I saw him on Port Erin promenade. He had only run 2km before dropping out and walking back. Even as I type this it makes me sad as I can't ever remember him dropping out no matter how far behind he has been.

But it makes me happy that so many people took an interest in his welfare. Maybe if he gets his hair cut on Thursday as he says he will he will find some energy!

I thought I was unlucky to pick up a cold this week - my first for almost two years. But it was lucky that I didn't run as planned as it would have been much harder to have got Robbie home promptly as I did.

Hope you like the video. Shame that the poor light spoilt many of the photos.

No comments: