Search Murray's blogs

Monday 26 August 2013

Out of time




One of the most interesting parts of my time at the Ellan Vannin Fell Race was 30 minutes lying in the sun taking in just about every aspect of Manx country life. I was waiting at the top of the footpath from Druidale and my wait was longer than I expected. I had based my photography on times from previous years without realising that the course had been extended.

I stared at the beautiful views, I saw dozens of cyclists ride along the mountain lane as they practised for the Manx Telecom End to End Mountain Bike Challenge in two weeks time, I heard motor bikes travelling at speed on the mountain circuit and I saw their off road cousins racing along the mountain track contributing to further erosion as they showered parts of the track onto the countryside, frankly with little regard for their effects of the actions on others.

I had to leave after the first few runners emerged and as it was I only had half an hour in the house before my planned afternoon out with Marie. During those 30 minutes I managed to get my first featured photo in place and upload the full batch of images. I also despatched two to Isle of Man Newspapers, earmarking a couple of the best so that you don't see exactly the same ones in the paper as featured here.

There was perfect light for more photos in the afternoon as we walked the coastal path from Port St Mary to the Chasms and back. Perfect scones and tea in the Port St Mary Pavilion just before they closed and I was out of time again.


No comments: