Search Murray's blogs

Monday 12 August 2013

No slave


"I'm not going to be a slave to the fixture list" I think I wrote recently.

I'm hardly about to change my mind that we have too many events here and that the quality suffers as a result - I've been banging on about that for 30 odd years. And I'm not going to let some friends down (who I had agreed to meet on Wednesday) because the one night off from athletics this week was plugged with yet another event. But I wasn't going to miss out on my favourite photographic site on Friday (North Barrule) or my second favourite (Peel Hill) tonight.

Last year I did miss the North Barrule Fell Race, however, as it was a once in a lifetime chance to see the Olympics and of course the local event survived without me. During the last few nights I have been burning the midnight oil on another once in a lifetime project which was one of the reasons why I deferred video editing of the marathon.

I was a part timer at the marathon compared to some. I left home at 8 and I was back before 2. But I have failed tonight as its nearly midnight but I have done very little other than travel to Peel and play around with the resulting photos and videos all night.

So tomorrow night I have to break one of the chains. Either I don't go to Ramsey or I never edit the marathon video.

But I really need to lock myself away on that other project and not forget that I am married. On that score, we had a lovely walk yesterday afternoon from Kewaigue until we got to the top of Richmond Hill where I took the photo of the Home of Rest for Old Horses. A more dangerous exit from a footpath I can't imagine. Crossing Richmond Hill on foot put us at risk at joining the statistics I love.

No comments: