Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 22 August 2013

500 and counting

I've just noticed that the video of the Great South Run took the total to 500 on my channel.

A few of mine have been removed, either because of copyright issues or someone being featured who did not like the content, and of course I have published quite a few on behalf of other people, David Griffiths in particular.

Video publishing is an area I am less certain of in the long term than much of the other content. Photos are not too challenging, apart from climbing mountains etc,  Databases can be hard work at the start but they are like building blocks and you extend them all the time.

To some extent I think that the novelty value of being seen on YouTube has worn off and I am not always sure that the time I invest in them is worthwhile. But sometimes someone will tell me they have enjoyed one and it encourages me to do the next.

The top video of the past 30 days, by some margin, is of a world champion. But the fact that more than 500 people have watched him being  violently sick makes me realise that the comic moments attract a wider audience than the things we take seriously. I'm counting on that.

No comments: