Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Too many tourists


I left the comfort of my settee a short time ago (where Ben photographed me this time last night) to pop into the York shops to get a few vital supplies (well really it was an excuse to get a bottle of red!). Its so much faster to walk through the streets in the evening than it the day when the streets are full of tourists!

I know, if it wasn't a popular place to visit we wouldn't be here either. And if I didn't update my websites regularly nobody would bother to visit them. But I am having a "should I make the effort" day today particularly when I spend time of my holiday to try and deal with emails too and I receive one from someone complaining about the very poor quality of the images published for the Parish Walk - more than two weeks after I took the trouble to upload the full resolution version of the files (the complainant had downloaded the small file that was published whilst he was still in the race), the photographers do not get paid or receive expenses and all but the marginal costs charged by the host site go to charity.

No comments: