Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 18 July 2013

2 hour chat

As the fantastic weather continues, I sat down for a cup of tea in the garden with an old friend today. Without moving we chatted for two hours without any thought for the time.

My friend was the 4th fastest British 50km walker of all time, Denis Jackson, and I took a photo before I left.


Just over 30 years ago I chatted for about the same length of time as we paced each other through the first half of a 50km walk just a few miles down the road in one of my failed attempts to break 4 hours and 10 minutes.


It doesn't do to think about where we will be 30 years from now and the conversation over dinner with Marie, Ben and Jenny tonight about mourning customs (after visiting the York Castle Museum) was entirely coincidental.

There has been drama over York tonight with a police helicopter flying overhead for an hour or so with no reason apparent. I am sure it has nothing to do with the arrival in York of Denis's nephew Paul and wife Marie who is racing near the city on Saturday.


No comments: