Search Murray's blogs

Monday 22 July 2013

Change of focus

For those of us who run in the early morning throughout the winter, today is the sort of day to die for. The trouble is, after being spoilt with such good weather, feeling lethargic and in my case, facing the prospect of very few weekdays away from work for the remainder of the year, I probably didn't appreciate how nice it was when I went for a run a short time ago.

I got back into the swing of things yesterday by going walking with Robbie (photos below), gardening at the cottage, a planning session in the office and tidying up at home. At least by working on my laptop whilst on holiday I did not have a mountain of email.

Looking at the fixture list, its the lull before the storm with an incredibly busy couple of months for endurance events with the Isle of Man Ultra Fell Race, the End to End Walk, the Isle of Man Marathon, the 100 miles and the Ellan Vannin Fell Race, not to mention that lots of athletes will be doing the End to End Mountain Bike Challenge and there is an event every evening the week after the marathon.

Unlike anyone off on their summer holidays, I shall be here to see them all!   



No comments: