Search Murray's blogs

Monday 1 July 2013

Cheque in the post (almost)

I am pleased to say I have written another cheque for £300 to this Isle of Man Agricultural Benevolent Trust this evening. Its from some of the profits from the photo sales at the Manx Telecom Parish Walk.

I didn't actually take many photos this year (give or take 500!), so thanks to Vincent Campbell, Karen Kneale, Neil Wilson, Ben Lambden and Mike Lambden for their contributions. Altogether there were close to 9,000 photos!

That takes to £1,800 the profits distributed in the past couple of years and working in blocks of £300 it shouldn't be too long until the next.

I have another photo project to announce that keeps getting put off and put off. Unfortunately it has been put off again! This one is less about making money than reinstating some photos that you might have thought you would never see again.

I was going to go to the post with the cheque but I realised that it (and the other post I want to reach local destinations tomorrow morning) can be posted when I get up in the morning as I will be so early. How many people realise that local post collected before 6 am gets delivered around the Isle of Man on the same morning?

No comments: