Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Trying to get on with an old friend

There were lots of questions answered at the Manx Telecom Parish Walk Talk last night in addition to the interviews I featured on the video which lasted for almost 29 minutes as it was.

One of them concerned the difficulty of climbing hills. "Treat them like an old friend" said Allan Callow, my old friend.

I was out running a short time ago on one of my regular courses which includes a climb from the promenade to St Ninians. I would expect to greet an old friend with some warmth and utter some pleasant words. I'm afraid that, even treating that slog as old friend, my usual grunts and swearing under my breath were the best I could offer this old friend.

I never feel like going and reuniting with such old friends first thing in the morning but always feel better for it afterwards. The same thoughts emerge about work, that seminar after work and all the emails that people are waiting for answers to this evening.

Elizabeth Corran, Steve Taylor and Allan Callow at the Walk Talk



No comments: