Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 14 April 2013

China is broken

I usually start my training at 7 am but the weather was foul today and I was feeling hard of going out the door. To make matters worse, my diet has also lapsed recently and I had a bit too much of the "A" element last night.

As I deferred the inevitable soaking I switched on the TV. BBC's flagship station had sent, at great expense, a team of staff to China. But they were not there to investigate the role that China has played in causing the possibility of a nuclear war with their support of North Korea over the years.

Instead they spent nearly ten minutes talking about how the best car driver overtook his slower team mate at the last race. Worse still, there is still such a condemnation by the commentators that he should do so.

With even more money invested in Formula One (and more hours to fill), I am sure that Sky spent at least as much time criticising the principle that the best person should win. I watched some of Sky's coverage of the Chinese Grand Prix this afternoon and the commentary was enough to make you throw up when at the start: "Harder to read than Chaucer but with a bigger plot than an Agatha Christie murder."

I might have been slow on my run this morning but with my grumpy old man hat on I had time to "pen" my preview of the London Marathon. I'm already wound up about that one that someone should be paid not to finish.

Whatever happened the idea that the best man, or woman, wins?  That's a hard question to ask when your football team loses!

No comments: