Search Murray's blogs

Monday 29 April 2013

The long run tonight

I'm starting a website session tonight, mainly on the parishwalk.com site, in a good mood having listened to a couple of the Eagles talking to Simon Mayo on Radio 2. They are promoting their new DVD "History of the Eagles" and I really hope that I can get to see them one last time.

What's unusual about the Eagles (compared to most other 70s bands) is that all four of the long serving members, and even the three ex-members, are all still alive! Yet, a few years ago Joe Walsh appeared on the  BBC's One Show on the same day as they were talking about pensions. Bear in mind all the drug and alcohol abuse they put themselves through, he was asked had he made provisions for his pension to which he replied: "I didn't think I would be alive this long."

I used Joe Walsh's solo hit "Rocky Mountain High" on my one my Snaefell Fell Race videos a few years ago but it was blocked. One thing was for sure, it wasn't written about fell running.

No comments: