Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 20 April 2013

First 24 hours in London


I planned to leave the house at 6 am yesterday morning and as I got into the car the pips for 6 came on the radio. That set the scene for a perfect day.

By 6.24 I had picked up Mike Garrett, dropped him at the airport, parked my car back at the office and jogged back. By 8.40 we were in London and bagged left at the hotel at 9;15.

By staying at the Ramada Hotel between London City Airport and Excel meant that it was only five minutes to registration for the runners but registration was not even open at that time.

When we did go, I ceremonially ripped up my registration to avoid the temptation and then went for a wander with Paul Curphey and Paul Sykes. We met Sarah Astin who was working at the exhibition and then found Ollie Lockley working on a cash till. But the best luck was getting the timing right to see two of the world's best marathon runners being interviewed. And I got some pretty decent photos.

Had a jog with Nigel Armstrong and Mike and took camera with me for action shots. Good sized buffet meal last night.

Had a run for an hour this morning up around Olympic site and breakfast awaits in two minutes. Must go. Photo of Ed  Gumbley and Mike last night.

No comments: