Search Murray's blogs

Friday 5 April 2013

No photos from this Camra


I ran past the Masonic Hall in Douglas yesterday morning and noticed that they had a marque in the grounds to supplement the hall in readiness for the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) beer festival which started in Douglas yesterday and lasts for three days.

I have a CAMRA mirror on the wall of my home office which was given to me by friends at North Stffs Polytechnic for my 21st birthday. I supported the campaign rather too much that day and after a hectic lunchtime session in the Norfolk Pub in Stoke and made several calls for Hughie in the afternoon.

The Norfolk Pub had just closed when I re-visited Stoke in November. When I returned to the Isle of Man in 1979 I remember visiting the Tholt-y-Will pub a few times - they used to have music there in the evenings at the weekend. Now, that closed long before the Nolfolk. I can't find out how long ago but I suspect its between 10 and 15 years, maybe even longer. So it has been amusing to read the daily reports from the Departure of Infrastructure making reference to the Tholt-y-Will pub!

No time for Camra today and only just time to use the camera. I'm working at our holiday cottage this evening so can't make the run at St Johns but I am hoping to take a few photos at or near the start of the KPMG relay.

230 runners are taking part in the relay - almost as many as will be at the real ale festival!

No comments: