Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 8 December 2012

Kneejerk reaction


Its been one of those days, for me, when I can't think of anywhere better to live.

The day started with 10km on the prom which, although slower than I was running marathons a year ago, was my best run of my latest comeback.

Running shorter distances is definitely better for my knee than running long distances but by the time I took Marie's mum out for a drive this afternoon my knee had reached the point where I had to get out of the car a couple of times to stretch it.

But it is not stretching things too far to say that it was worth it as part of the cause was another great walk with Robbie in the late morning - 2 miles up the Baltic Road towards the mountain from Kirk Michael.



I don't know when I first climbed that road but it was at least 48 years ago as the photo with my mum proves (taken at the same spot as Robbie today).


Any to think that someone from these rural charms is getting ready to compete in the European Cross Country Championships tomorrow, and took the time to respond to my email from Hungary.

But Andreas is still too far for me tomorrow - I will be continuing with my Christmas cards.

With no athletics videos this weekend, I have posted something a bit different, Poor old Alfie is recovering from two leg operations.




No comments: