Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 14 October 2012

Lap counting

I attended the second event of the weekend this morning, the Manx Harriers organised One Hour Walk. The  outstanding weather of the previous 48 hours continued and it was good to see some new faces.

There were also a few faces from the past, not least former international Carolyn Brown.

With my new scanner in full flow I have scanned 21 scrapbooks covering 1974 until 1992 plus a few extra bits and pieces. Although I continued  to keep press cuttings I either photo copied them or kept them loose in plastic sleeves thereafter apart from a brief attempt to revive the scrapbooks in 1997. The loose cuttings have already been converted to pdf form.

One person who featured heavily in the scrap books was the aforementioned Carolyn. Apart from her walking, did you know that she was the Isle of Man's first female football referee at just 18 years of age.


 

As always the lap scorers were hard at work at the NSC where Carolyn is photographed above. Their task was made somewhat harder when Richard Gerrard wore his number upside down and 191 became 161!



I completed another lap myself today reaching the youthful age of 56! Last night we visited the sponsor of today's walk, the Welbeck Hotel & Restaurant. Unlike my ageing limbs,  the Welbeck never lets me down.

No comments: