Search Murray's blogs

Friday 12 October 2012

Bang the drum

I'm really pleased to have got through the scanning of another three scrapbooks tonight, particularly as two of them were double thickness. They will give me loads of material for the website and although they are hard work at the time, like the results databases and the photo collections, the work will pay off in time.

Right now I'm listening to a Squueze concert on BBC 4 as the final bit of scanning for the night processes. Earlier it was a great feature on Paul Carrack who I really like and have seen play twice on the Island. The first, during TT week in around 2002 (correct me anyone as I haven't looked it up) in the pouring rain in the Villa Marina gardens. The second was inside the Villa in 2004. The distinguishing  feature of that concert was a bit bizarre - I kept checking my phone as I was expecting my mother to pass away any time although she held on for a good few weeks!

I saw two of Paul Carrack's bands play in Stoke in the 70s - Ace and Squeeze. But on checking Wikipedia it seems that it was in neither line up when I saw them.  And I missed him again when I finally saw Mike and the Mechanics this year several years after he left the band. Mind you, the concert at the Villa was the best night of the year for me.

Glen Tilbrook, lead singer in Squeeze, is singing at full belt at te moment.Its hard to believe that I saw him as part of a crowd of about 10 a few years ago. He was doing a solo gig and he burst into WH Smith in Strand Street singing one of his latest songs to promote the concert and sell CDs in WH Smith.

The scanning has just reached the point where I can leave it to finish so I am quitting now.

But before signing off, to add to all those useless scraps of information, here is a scrap from one of those books.




No comments: