Search Murray's blogs

Monday 17 September 2012

Streets of London

Ralph McTell is best known for the above song and it often rears its head around London Marathon time for obvious reasons. I've just been listening to another Ralph McTell song in an attempt to unwind after a frustrating night on my computer when I only achieved about half the tasks I set myself. The video below is one of McTell's song "The Hiring Fair" performed by one of my favourite bands, Fairport Convention, and recorded by my brother Mike when we went to see Fairport together in Birmingham in March.



The streets of Roubaix were the place to be for our hardy endurance walkers at the weekend. I keep trying to imagine what it must be like to keep going for 28 hours let alone walking 144 miles as Vinny Lynch did. I picked up from Steve Partington (on the forum) just what a great record the winner had too. 11 sub 4 hour 50km performances yet he wasn't streets ahead of Vinny.

Thanks to four times Jock Waddington for supplying all of the information and photos from the trip to France.


No comments: