Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 9 September 2012

Battery power lacking

I've just suspended publishing of the photos from the End to End Mountain Bike Challenge so that I can use the bandwidth to upload a video of the same event.

I've already got 1,046 of the 2,000 photos uploaded so there is plenty to keep people going.

Not quite as much video as usual I'm afraid. We only got back from our holiday last night and son Ben, who has been home for a few weeks whilst gaining further experience at Nobles Hospital, was out on the town. We had arranged that we would go out to the mountain bike race together this morning so I left him a note telling him what time I was leaving knowing that I would be fast asleep by the time he got in.

I even charged his camera battery for him.

I took two video cameras with me and was confident that they were fully charged. Marie was to use one but the battery ran out before the first rider even reached her. I gave her the second one but that too ran out in her hands. I must stress that it was my fault not hers!

So I had much less video to use than normal so apologies to riders (and families) who like to see the whole field. But at least it has given me more time for another job I am trying to do today.

The video should be available at about 19.15.

No comments: