Search Murray's blogs

Monday 17 September 2012

Results speak for themselves

I wish it was as easy to extract the results for the London Marathon as it is for the Great North Run (or any of the other Great Run events). By using the "advanced search" facility and inputting "IM" in the address code it is simple to extract a list.

There was a little formatting to do to publish the results on the website but that was about all. I had to do it twice though as when I went out yesterday afternoon the results must only have been part processed and I realised that there were more names to add so I went back to the start again this morning. 

The Great North Run results were available so quickly, and the leading local residents were so similar to last year, that at first I thought I had the 2011 results instead of this year. 

Thanks to Michael George for posting the link for the Roubaix 28 hour walk times on the forum. I didn't find it until after the race which was probably just as well as I wouldn't have been able to leave it alone. This was another relatively simple cut and paste exercise once I found them and I didn't attempt to change the French wording!

Meanwhile it was a big day for the junior race walkers who maintained their high standards in the English Schools Championships and the results were quickly posted by Paul Jackson on the Manx Harriers website.

I am not even going to attempt to say how good all of these performances were. I'll let the results speak for themselves. But others can speak for them too by posting comment on the forum.

No comments: