Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 15 September 2013

Windy thoughts

Running first thing in the day has advantages sometimes. Given the weather forecast, there was no choice - get out and run before the rain returned. I think some people may have been deferring the decision and may still be waiting for a break in the rain.

I thought of Tony Varley in the early part of my run. I have a lot more information about his achievements now having only made passing reference to his life time of achievements in my End to End Mountain Bike report. I am working on this but I'm not going to get it done today.

As I ran around the Marine Drive I thought of Ann Cain. Last year she was literally blown off her feet on the Groudle Road and I was a bit too close to comfort when one gust got a hold of me. I certainly kept well away from the edge of the road nearest to the cliffs.

I thought about the luck that this was the one week in four that there is no long distance event on the Isle of Man. Cycling, walking or running towards the south of the Isle of Man would have been pretty tough today.

I thought about getting back home and chilling out to the Great North Run. I often feel the importance of the event is over-hyped a little as even with the three great champions lining up, unlike a worth championship, there was a closed shop.

Later I thought about eating but it was my own words. Any thought I had that the big three were only running for the money was dispelled with a brilliant finish.

I think I have written enough for now.

No comments: