Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 28 September 2013

No disrespect intended


It was the first time I had been to the finish of what until last year was called the Manx Mountain Marathon since 1979 - and the first time I had ever been there without running (I had three finishes in the 70s).

I was delighted to see Nigel Armstrong win the race rather than visiting my house to show me his injuries (as last year) and it was a super double for him and Michael George - they supported each other to wins in the End to End Walk and the Isle of Man Mountain Ultra in less than a week.

But to give myself enough time to publish everything I intend to on the website I needed to get away soon after he finished. I would have liked to have seen everyone else finish too but I had to assess priorities, particularly as I had no published photos during the race as I had hoped to.

No comments: