Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 18 September 2013

342 days later

On 11 October last year, after a break from training to allow an injury that caused me to quit marathon running had moderated, I re-started my daily ritual of morning running.

Through the heat of the summer and the extreme weather of last winter I didn't miss a day. Apart from targeting the Manx Harriers 10km and the Northern 10 miles I never really had a goal until I decided to do a poor man version of Ron Hill - I would run every day for a year. In the past month I have run through a cold and a hangover to maintain the momentum.

After two nights of constant scratching, and very little sleep with what I suspect to be shingles (Marie has been a regular sufferer for more than 20 years but its my first time), my day count will return to scratch as today my running shoes are staying off my feet.

No comments: